This is a Large-billed Savannah Sparrow from the Red Hill Marina (Salton Sea)
The wintering Gray Flycatcher at Cattle Call Park in Brawley
A spooked Borrowing Owl just north of Red Hill Marina (Salton Sea)
And, finally, a “Peregrine” Falcon. Hmmm. Make that a Prairie Falcon …
And a Spague’s Pipit just SW of Sinclair and Hwy 111 (also Salton Sea)
Other high and lowlights (overall more low …) :
– No Solitary Sandpiper (didn’t know where to look), yet the Rough-legged Hawk was near Drew & Diehl
– No Ruddy Ground-Doves at Eddins & Sperry, but a Clay-colored Sparrow.
– No Lesser Black-backed and Yellow-footed Gulls at Red Hill. A Western Gull was a Obsidian Butte.
– Crissal Thrasher just 0.3mi down the entrance road to Ramer/Finney Lakes WA.
– Wister Unit had a male American Redstart. No Mountain Plovers were in the fields east of the Calipatria prison.